Image Map

Friday, September 27, 2013

Positivity (And a Challenge!)

Yes, I'm blogging. For once in forever. It's possible that hell is currently freezing over. I kid, I kid. I have been over here homeschooling and living life with a threenager, so by the end of the day (my normal blogging time), I just wanna curl up in my big ol' comfy bed and sleep. So I do. Sleep > blogging. But, there's something I wanted to write about, so I chugged a Dr. Pepper and started writing. Let's hope I don't regret that at 2 am when I'm wide awake from the caffine.

Anyway, earlier in the year I made the decision that I would start living life more positively. Less negative, more positive. I would find the silver lining in everything. When life knocked me down, I'd get back up, dust myself off, flash a grin in life's general direction, and go on being awesome. Oh yes, I totally would.

However, it hasn't been as easy as I thought it would be. Life is cruel, yo. Life throws curve balls that knock you down. And while you're down life comes over and kicks you in the ribs while muttering a "yo mama" joke. It's hard being positive ALL OF THE TIME. But it's doable. It has to be. I see people doing it all of the time.

I think it comes down to your choice. You can chose to be negative just the same as you can chose to be positive. I think we chose negativity because it's easier. It's easier to host our own pity party complete with half a gallon of ice cream and an entire bottle of wine. It's much harder to stand back up and fight. It's harder to shake it off and keep on pushing. But that's what I want to do. I want to push back, I want to fight. I want to stay positive. Because eventually, the positive pays off. So, starting today, I'm pushing harder. I will give 110% at staying positive. When I feel the negativity creeping up, I'll chase it away with a dance party or something. I will not complain, I will not pity myself, I will find the silver lining. After awhile it's bound to become a habit, right? But, I don't want to do this all by myself. I want you to try it too. So, I'm proposing a challenge. I found something on Pinterest awhile back and thought it'd be perfect for a blog challenge.


Just 24 hours without complaining. 24 hours without negativity. Think you can do it? I know you can, I know I can. Yes, it'll be difficult, but it's possible. Just try it and see what happens. 

********

Let's end this with some photos, shall we? 


Cinderella. All day, every day.


Reading with PawPaw


Her current favorite outfit. And "pretty hands".


An ill kiddo means snuggling in mama's bed.

********

Peace and positivity, y'all. Peace and positivity.

2 comments:

Jennifer Leible said...

Wow, that is quite a challenge! I'd like to say I could do it, but I'm not so sure. I think I'll take the challenge and try though!

Jessica M. said...

This is such a great idea! I like to think of myself as a positive person, but I can't say I've ever gone a day without complaining. I'm definitely going to try it this weekend. :)

Pin It button on image hover