Image Map

Monday, October 21, 2013

October

Most people think of spring as the time of renewal. For me, that time is October. I love this time of year. It's the big shift from the hot Texas spring and summers into the cozier months. The air cools a bit, enough to spend days with the windows open. Comfort food makes its way onto our dinner table. Decorations come out. I love it so much. October is my refreshing time. I clean the house like crazy, I put out the fall scented scentsy bars, and I bake. Oh boy, do I bake. I'm your stereotypical blogger. Pumpkin flavored everything, please and thank you.

So these last couple of weeks we've been making the fall transition. We had a cool front come through last week and the temps actually dipped low enough to pull out some light sweaters. I get so restless this time of year. So anxious to feel that second when it all changes from summer to autumn. As much as I want to feel the actual change, I never do. I think because it happens so slowly. I wake up one morning and look around, only to realize there's no trace of summer left.

It's funny that my favorite time of year only lasts about 4 months. From October to January. I think it's because those months are filled with so many warm and fuzzies. Soft sweaters, comfort food, delicious scents, and family. Yup, that's the best part, the family time. I want to bottle up this time of year so I can hang on to it forever. Feeling a little down in mid June? Uncork the bottle and take a little whiff. Instant mood lifter. Can someone make that happen?

Alright, enough rambling for today. I'm off to bake something pumpkin flavored.

{via}

2 comments:

Celeste said...

I'm with you! From October through the new year are my absolute favorite months BY FAR. I'm in Texas too, and I loathe the heat, so now that it's cooling down I am one happy camper. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Suze said...

I feel the same way. It's such a beautiful, refreshing time of year. I always do a lot of cleaning and house fix in and it's when I usually make healthy choices and get myself right spiritually... Sigh, what a wonderful time of year.

Pin It button on image hover